Welcome back to itechhacks, Here we have shared a detailed guide on How to change the IMEI number of android mobile phones. You will find two surprising and working ways to improve your IMEI easily on any of your Android Devices. So Let’s start!
IMEI number is one of the significant pieces of mobiles which is utilized to recognize and follow the lost mobiles. For the most part, the IMEI number contains 15 digits which are broken into sections. On the off chance that you change the IMEI number, it is hard to follow your mobile. On the off chance that, if your phone is lost or taken, you may feel it hard to follow it on the off chance that you change your IMEI number.
What is IMEI?
International Mobile Station Equipment Identity, An IMEI is a serial number that uniquely identifies a GSM or UMTS mobile phone. Typically 15 digits long, the IMEI code is broken into sections that provide information about a phone, such as its manufacturer, to the mobile network that the phone is connected to. The IMEI is only used for identifying the device and has no permanent or semi-permanent relation to the subscriber.
Why should you change your IMEI number?
- Make your Android untraceable. By changing your IMEI continually, you will lose the tracks of individuals who are utilizing it to follow you!
- They are acquiring a new gadget ID. Here and there, your Android gadget model will be unable to get the most up to date operating system refreshes because it is a more seasoned gadget.
- Changing the IMEI number to a one that demonstrates it is a more up to date model, you will have the option to appreciate the new operating system refreshes by resetting, fixing, and refreshing your Android gadget.
- When you change a gadget IMEI number, at that point, you won’t have the option to follow it sooner rather than later. In this way, if, on the off chance that it gets taken, at that point, you will wind up losing it.
- In some western nations, it’s viewed as a good criminal offense. In this way, ensure it’s not illicit in your country before you do as such. On the off chance that it’s unlawful, at that point, you may need to confront some genuine harms.
- Lawfully, you have relinquished your responsibility for your cell phone. At the point when you buy your gadget, the vendor will write down the first IMEI number on your receipt. So on the off chance that you change your IMEI and lose it, you will most likely be unable to make a case for it.
READ MORE: How To Fix Hulu Error Code 301 (6-Methods to Fix!)
How To Find Your IMEI Number?
*#06# Type This in your phone call. And a popup menu appears on your screen it shows your IMEI number. The second way to know about phones IMEI No. is to check your mobile box and back cover.
Method 1: How To Change IMEI Number
#1. First Dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* on your Android device and go to Engineer Mode.
#2. Now, click on Connectivity option or call pad,
#3. Now look for CDS information and then click on it.
#4. Then, checkout for Radio information.
#5. Now, if your Android device is a dual sim device. Then you will get two options like IMEI_1 [SIM1] and IMEI_2 [SIM2]. Then select any one or of which you want to change the IMEI number.
#6. Now, change your IMEI number illustrated below,
AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2
Follow This- AT+EGMR=1,10,”XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#7. Now, just replace IMEI1 or IMEI2 with any your desired number( Use any Number). And then click on SEND.
Also Read: How To Activate iPhone and iPad without SIM Card?
Change IMEI Number of Android Devices 2020
Method 2: Without Root
Let’s be totally fair here that changing the IMEI number of your telephone without establishing is a perplexing errand to do and it can require some investment. So you need to understand enough so as to change your IMEI number.
Something else you need to emphatically remember that the system of changing your IMEI number will eradicate all your telephone information and records. So before you proceed with the technique ensure that you have everything previously sponsored up.
Presently follow the underneath steps to get your IMEI number changed.
- Open your Android gadget and go to the setting segment.
- In the settings segment search for the alternative saying “Reinforcement and Reset“
- Next, you have to tap on the alternative set apart as “Production line Information Reset“.
- Presently you will get a notice on your Android gadget.
- Open that notice and snap on “Make new Android ID“.
Change IMEI Number of Android with Root
Before continuing toward the following steps, first of all, You need to make sure that your Android portable is established and Xposed structure is introduced in your gadget. On the off chance that these necessities are satisfied by you, thus, you can proceed onward to additional steps.
Steps to change IMEI number:
1. Above all else, you have to duplicate the first IMEI number of your gadget, so that on the off chance that you need unique IMEI later on, at that point you can without much of a stretch glue it.
2. To get the first IMEI number of your Android, simply dial *#6# structure dial-pad. or then again you can likewise go to settings > About.
3. Presently open the Xposed installer application on your android gadget and go to modules and Tick mark on the IMEI Changer application.
4. At that point, you have to restart your Android gadget. or on the other hand, you can likewise attempt a delicate reboot from Xposed installer for a quick restart of your android gadget.
5. In the wake of restarting your android portable, open IMEI Changer. It will show your Genuine IMEI number in the current IMEI alternative.
6. Presently you have to change your IMEI Number from that number to any new number by clicking New IMEI number choice and afterward click on Apply.
7. At that point, the IMEI changer application will show your New IMEI number in the Current IMEI number box.
8. On the off chance that you need to affirm !. At that point Reboot your gadget and check your IMEI number again by dialing *#6#.
9. All in all, Your IMEI number is effectively changed.
Note: This will wipe your all data like messages, phone memory, contacts, apps. So, you must have to back up your device, and after that, you can restore it.
READ MORE: How To Get Amazon Prime Video Accounts for Free
All the strategies I have referenced are basically relevant to this present reality. Presently on the off chance that you need to change your IMEI number by utilizing these two strategies then you will be answerable for any harm to your Android gadget. If you find this article useful feel free to share it with your dear ones. Cheers!