Hey! So you’ve finally decided to delete your discord account? Okay, there must be some reasons for you to delete the discord account. Maybe you have decided that discord just isn’t a VOIP for you anymore. Let’s learn how to delete a discord account permanently in 2020.
Discord, the best cross-platform chat app for text, video, and voice comms designed specifically for gamers. Where you can create secure chat channels to play games with friends, organize squads, find teammates, LFG, and participate in gaming communities. Whether you play Battle Royale or MOBA, FPS or RPG, or if you follow streamers or esports, you can easily start a group chats for everything you and your gaming clan want to talk about.
Discord is surely a fun platform to virtually hang out with a lot of known and unknown peoples from all over the world. You can do a lot on Discord. Like texting with a group of peoples around and also share your screen with them through screen share feature in Discord. And lot more things you can do by becoming a server member in the Discord server.
And because of being such a fun and entertaining platform. Some users get addicted to it so high And because of that sometimes their social and personal life starts to get affected by it.
Then they want to take a break from Discord after sometimes. And also some users want to permanently take the break from it by deleting Discord. Maybe that’s why you also came here because you are sick of using Discord and now want to take a permanent break by deleting your account.
But, before proceeding with the deletion of your Discord account permanently you must keep some basic things in your mind that we’ll be telling you in this article.
Also Read: How To Unban Someone on Discord Easily
Prerequisites For Deleting A Discord Account
In Discord, you can delete your account very easily and simply only if you haven’t created any servers of your own on your account.
But, if you have created any server in Discord account of yours then you’ll need to do little more extra work before deleting your account permanently. Don’t worry it won’t take more than a few minutes to complete the process without any trouble.
Either you delete your discord server or transfer your servers ownership to some other person. We will try to tell you both here.
Also Check: How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error (Guide)
Deleting A Discord Server
Follow the simple steps:
- Open your Discord account on your web browser or just launch the app on your PC.
- Open the server you want to delete.
- Click on the down arrow on the right side of the server name.
- From the list of options, click on Server Settings
- Now click on the “Delete Server” option.
- To permanently delete the server, you have to type the server name.
Similarly, you can delete other servers too.
Transfer Ownership Of The Server
- Go to the server of which you want to transfer the ownership.
- Open the server menu by clicking on the down arrow.
- Now click on Server Settings.
- You’ll see Members option, click on it.
- Now, you’ll see the list of all the members. Click on the three-dot icon appearing in front of that member’s name.
- Finally, tap on Transfer ownership.
- Login to your account and click on the User Settings option.
- Click on the Edit option.
- After that, click on Delete Account.
- You are done, Enjoy.
Also Read: How To Watch Star Wars Rebels all Seasons Online?
Finally, we have almost told you everything about deleting your discord account step by step 2020 Deleting your Discord account was extremely simple and easy. And the best part of deleting discord account is that you can always redo the account anytime in the future if you need it. That’s all from our side, We hope you enjoyed reading the article and found it useful. Cheers!